Music Theatre Wales believes that your personal information is important and we will endeavour to keep it safe and protected. The main reason we gather this information is so that we can let you know about our work, including new commissions, co-productions and our collaborations with some of the most exciting and innovative composers working today.
We want our audience members, supporters and participants to trust us and to be confident that we only gather the information we need, that we store it securely and that we will only use it in order to tell you about our activities.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your information if you:
- subscribe to our e-newsletter through our website
- buy a ticket for one of our events through a host venue
- make a donation
- complete a feedback form
- contact us via email, our website contact form, phone or post
- take part in one of our workshops
- work with us or enquire about working with us
Information we collect
The information we hold about you is relative to your relationship with us. Depending on what information you have shared with us, we may hold your name, email address, phone number, postal address, postcode and age. We will also gather information about your attendance at events and your interaction with our communications.
If you are a supporter or potential donor, we may gather extra information, such as information about projects you currently fund and details that you provide for GiftAid claims.
If you work with Music Theatre Wales, express an interest in working with us, or take part in one of our projects, we will gather and store further information about you, sometimes including special category data.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect, store and use your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- you have given your consent for us to use your data
- we have a good reason to believe that you would like to hear from us (known as Legitimate Interest) i.e. you bought a ticket for one of our shows, and we want to get in touch to ask for your consent to contact you in future
- we need to process your data in order to fulfil a contract with you, or to undertake preparatory steps before entering into a contract
- we need to process your data in order to comply with the law
What we will do with your personal information
What we do with your information will depend on your relationship with us. If you are an audience member, supporter, potential supporter, participant or someone who has expressed an interest in our work, we may use your information to:
- personalise communications you receive from us
- help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders
- record who has made a donation so that we can tell them how their money has helped us, and to claim GiftAid where possible
- develop relationships with people who may want to support us
If you agree to receive marketing information from us, we will use your personal details to send you news about productions, partnerships, artists, events, fundraising activities and education projects in which we think you might be interested. You can choose to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the e-newsletter, phoning 029 2049 8471, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Music Theatre Wales, Pascoe House, 54 Bute Street, Cardiff, CF10 5AF.
We will not share your details with any other organisations for marketing purposes.
Where we use other companies to communicate with you, such as Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey, we will ensure that that they will not share your information and that they comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We may use your personal information and attendance at productions and events to build a profile of your preferences and to inform our marketing. If you do not want us to process your information in this way, please contact us using the details above.
If you have worked with Music Theatre Wales, expressed an interest in working with us, or participated in a project, we may use your information to contact you regarding auditions, upcoming productions and other opportunities to engage with us.
We may occasionally use information about you to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work. This information would be anonymised in order that we do not share anything which identifies you. We may use any feedback you give us for marketing and fundraising purposes, however we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you, unless we get your permission.
Website and Cookies
If you would like to find out what information we hold about you, correct inaccurate information, or have any other queries regarding how we process your data, please contact us by phoning 029 2049 8471, emailing email@example.com or writing to Music Theatre Wales, Pascoe House, 54 Bute Street, Cardiff, CF10 5AF
This privacy statement was last updated on 11 May 2018.