Street Art Operas - Commission Opportunity for Creators
Following the successful launch of our Street Art Opera programme with The Scorched Earth Trilogy, MTW is now inviting Welsh artists, and artists developing their creative practice in Wales, to propose ideas for new Street Art Operas, which we plan to show in June 2024.
What are Street Art Operas?
New, short operas that are made to be shown outdoors, projected onto a wall or building and listened to on silent disco headphones. Like all street art, we want these pieces to convey a strong message to the world – opera as activism: Punchy, comic, satirical, poignant, powerful.
What are we looking for?
- A clear and compelling idea for a new Street Art Opera
- An indication of who and where it is for
- A desire to work as part of a creative team that combines music creator, writer and visual artist (MTW can introduce artists to one another to create teams)
- Open Call and opportunity for consultation meeting – between 31 July and 29 September 2023
- Submission Deadline – 23 October 2023
- Commission Decisions – 10 November 2023
- Completed Final Edit (ready to show) – 17 May 2024
- Street Art Opera public showings – June and July 2024
Proposals can be made on writing or with a video. Go to airtable.com/shrB4kcjUa7Gi2EEp to apply and for full information.
For much more information and details of how to submit an idea, read the full callout information here: